May 20, 2020: Somers Vision Clinic Resumes Routine Eye Exams
When the State of Connecticut reopens select businesses on May 20, 2020, Somers Vision Clinic will once again be scheduling routine eye exams. Our practice has been scheduling only medically necessary office visits and urgent care appointments since CDC guidelines were issued in March.
Somers Vision Clinic has implemented strict infection protocols to keep our patients safe. These include:
- We are asking patients screening questions prior to scheduling. We advise patients who may be infected or exposed to the coronavirus to contact their primary care physicians to determine if testing/quarantine is recommended, and to call us back to schedule an appointment when they have been cleared of infection.
- We are scheduling patients with a 20-minute space between appointments to minimize contact between patients. Patients are advised to call us from their cars when they arrive for their appointments to allow time for disinfecting surfaces/items the preceding patient has touched — doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, pens, eyeglass frames, clipboards, etc.
- When each patient arrives, we take his/her temperature with a non-touch infrared thermometer. Anyone with a temperature equal to or exceeding 37.8 Celsius/100.4 Fahrenheit (a CDC indicator of illness) is advised to go home, contact his/her physician and call us when cleared of infection. The same rule applies to our employees.
- Everyone who enters our office must wear a mask, as do all staff members wear masks. The doctor wears a K/N95 type mask for clinical patient care.
- Hand sanitizer is provided for patients and employees. Every staff member washes hands between patients. (Standard practice for the doctor.)
- The office is thoroughly disinfected at the end of each work day.
We are committed to providing exceptional eye care to our patients in a manner that safeguards their health. To schedule an appointment, give us a call at 860-763-4733.